Forehead wrinkles, those horizontal lines that appear above the eyebrows when we transmit emotions such as surprise, happiness, or fear are easily perceived in both men and women regardless of the age.
This happens when our skin loses some of its elasticity when there is a reduction in collagen production.
Other factors such as, for example, exposure to the sun, and lack of hydration can also contribute to making these expression lines permanent.
The subcutaneous layer of the skin
The subcutaneous layer of the skin, where there is a layer of fat, over the years “deflates” and the dermis over time loses substances such as collagen and elastin.
With the loss of these structures, the signs appear on the epidermis, where wrinkles appear.
How to get rid of forehead wrinkles naturally?
Some people, tend to be more expressive than others, frowning several times throughout the day. When we are young, this is not exactly a problem because our skin recovers when we stop contracting the forehead muscle.
However, as we age and our skin loses its resistant and these lines tend to become more and more permanent and deep
Limit your sugar intake
By eliminate sugar, collagen production is rebalanced, leaving your skin and body strong and hydrated.
The maximum amount of sugar your body can consume without harming your health is 6 teaspoons per day. Keep in mind that almost every food we eat can contain sugar, so it is important to avoid it in tea or coffee in the morning.
Coconut oil is a moisturizer par excellence. Due to its consistency, when applied to the skin it fills the pores and wrinkles that may start to appear, keeping the skin soft and hydrated.
The fatty acids present in coconut oil can penetrate the skin due to their low molecular weight, unlike all water-based moisturizers, and can protect the skin’s natural proteins. Coconut oil not only forehead wrinkles but all lines in general. It can effectively treat dry skin and prevent sagging skin.
You can apply a small amount of organic coconut oil to your skin in the morning, and at night before going to bed.
Apply cucumber juice
Cucumbers have numerous benefits for the skin. It contains much of the mineral silica, a component for healthy skin tissue, and ascorbic acid, which can cause fluid retention. When used topically, cucumbers can extract toxins from the skin’s pores and reduce the subcutaneous effect.
How to get rid of forehead wrinkles using cucumber:
- Remove the peel from 1 cucumber and cut into small pieces.
- Grind for 10 to 20 seconds until it becomes a watery juice.
- Strain to separate the water from the paste.
- Wash your face normally at night with an oil-free cleaning product.
- Soak a cotton ball in this juice and apply it to the forehead and even the whole face.
- Let stand for about 20 minutes until dry.
- Wash your face with cold water and dry it.
- Repeat this treatment twice a week.
Egg white and honey
Egg white and honey have numerous health benefits for the skin when applied topically. Honey is like an elixir when it comes to skin care. It is abundant in antioxidants, which can remove dirt and penetrate the skin and moisturise it. These combined ingredients become a powerful skin treatment.
How to use it to get rid of forehead wrinkles:
- Separate the egg white in a container.
- Add 2 tablespoons of honey and mix well until it becomes a uniform paste.
- Apply it to the skin of the face and neck (avoiding the delicate eye area).
- Let it sit for about 20 minutes.
- Wash with cold water and pat dry.
- Repeat this treatment once a week.
Other ways to smooth out forehead wrinkles
Chemical peeling to get rid of forehead wrinkles
According to experts, our skin is completely renewed in cycles of about 7 years. Our body get rid of dead cells and produces new cells daily. The chemical peel is an intervention to speed up this process.
“By removing dead skin, we encourage cell renewal. The finer wrinkles are visibly reduced, the skin is lusher”, explains the beautician.
The results are obtained by the formula that takes specific acids, to get rid of wrinkles and breakage of possible freckles or sun spots, a minimum of 5 sessions is recommended.
“The results are noticeable from the first session, but depending on the amount and depth of the wrinkles, more sessions are needed”, she says.
Our face also has muscles that, if exercised, give more tone to the skin of the face. According to facial gymnastics specialist Isabel Thain, our face has muscles that can be exercised to give more tone to the face skin. These exercises can attenuate the deepest marks.
Facial gymnastic to get rid of forehead wrinkles and smoothen the skin
- Make a round beak by extending the muscles. Count to 15. Come back slowly relaxing and counting to 7. Repeat 5 times.
- Squeeze your eyes and count to 10. Go back slowly counting to 7. Repeat 5 times.
- Force a “Monalisa smile”, without showing your teeth, count to 10. Come back counting to 7. Repeat 5 times.
Carboxytherapy is a famous aesthetic treatment. It consists of the injection of carbon dioxide (CO2) to level the skin layers. The aim of the carboxytherapy is to decrease depressions in the skin, including cellulite or wrinkles.
carboxitherapy attacks static wrinkles when the face is not tensioned. Though the sessions are painful, the results are promising.
The CO2 is introduced through a needle. Afterwards the skin tissue is slightly deformed for a few minutes then it returns back to normal.
There is a lot of anti-wrinkle creams and sunscreen on the market. Though not all give the desired result, some of them are very effective. A good anti-wrinkle cream can easily help to get rid of fine wrinkles and prevent new ones. It is equally important to use a good sunscreen during the day for protection.
Acupuncture seeks the general balance of the human body. However, is also used to fight wrinkles by stimulating blood circulation. Thus, it increases the oxygenation of the skin as well as the production of collagen and elastin.
To eliminate the forehead wrinkles, apply it directly between the eyebrows on the glabella.
Quick tips to prevent forehead wrinkles
If you have wrinkles on your forehead, there are a number of tips to prevent them. Check it out:
- protect yourself from the sun
- manage stress. Stress is one of the most common reasons that cause forehead wrinkles.
- Practice some physical exercises
- sleep well
- eat well increase the intake of vitamin C, collagen, and omega-3, essential for skin health
- keep yourself hydrated.
- stop smoking. The chemicals present in tobacco smoke reduce the production of collagen and damage the elasticity of the skin. This leads to premature aging of the skin
- have a skincare routine consistent with your needs and goals after consulting your dermatologist