The United Kingdom has registered the highest Covid-19 death toll in Europe. Since the outbreak of the global pandemic, more than 30,000 people have breathed their last.
The marginalization of the blacks and people from mixed ethnicities seems endless. London CNN’s new data reveals that black people in the UK are four times more likely to suffer and die from coronavirus that white people. The life of a large number of people of other ethnic groups also is jeopardized.
The Office for National Statistics as well underlines the above information. It clearly states that “black women are 4.3 times more likely to die with Covid-19 than white women, while black men are 4.2 more likely to die”.
- IRC warns that the number of people to be infected with the coronavirus worldwide could reach one billion
- Coronavirus: Are Asian nations facing a second wave of the outbreak?
Asians also are not spared in this so-called research. The report equally points out that Pakistanis, Indians, Bangladeshis, and other mixed ethnicities had a “statistically significant raised risk of death”.
The Institute for Fiscal Studies’ analysis reveals the same – that people from black African backgrounds were 3.7 times more likely to lose their life from the global pandemic than white people.
Previous studies in April too highlighted the same examination. Reports in the United States echoed the same statistics. In fact, America has witnessed an excessively high death of African Americans from Coronavirus.
One thing is however certain. The report fails to clearly outline every factor behind this analysis. In regard to this, David Lammy, UK’s shadow justice secretary overtly declares these findings as “appalling”.
He further stresses to have such asymmetrical concept investigated. He says too that solid actions must be taken to protect not black people only but the whole humanity.
- Using the phone while on charge can be deadly: Man found dead inside his apartment with burn wounds on both of his swollen hands that were touching the phone and charger cable
In an e-article dated 21st April 2020 Christine Ro asserts “even with a virus that doesn’t respect borders, vulnerability is spread unevenly.” One of the reasons that might explain this frightening investigation is income inequality.
In many majority-white nations, people from other ethnic and racial groups have very little access to economic resources, hence resulting in poor health outcomes.
- ‘Ugly duckling’, the albino sea lion pup being rejected by its kind for being differentThe “ugly duckling”, this is the name given to a one-month-old albino sea lion pup on the island of Tyuleny in Russia’s Sea of Okhotsk for being rejected by its kind for being different. “This puppy appears […]
- ‘Wet markets’ in Indonesia, Bangkok, and Thailand stay open amid of coronavirus outbreakCoronavirus Live Updates ‘Wet markets’ in Indonesia, Bangkok, and Thailand stay open amid of coronavirus outbreak. GRIM footage leaked a video of meat markets in Indonesia and Thailand showing the bodies of wild animals. live chickens, cats, […]
- “Covid Organics”: Malagasy president Andry Rajoelina announces a cure for the coronavirusA month after the Big Island has registered its first case of Covid-19, president Andry Rajoelina recently announced that Madagascar has found a cure for the coronavirus. According to him, the Malagasy researchers have successfully found a […]
- “Covid-toe” – The new headacheAccording to Spanish doctors, “covid-toe” has been detected in positively diagnosed covid 19 patients. The covid-toe is like any other rash. Only that it affects the toe mostly. It is highly doubted to be one of the […]