Many children have lost their life most probably from a “mysterious inflammatory syndrome” Health officials say.
In New York City, a five-year-old boy breathed his last on Thursday. According to Gov.Andrew M. Cuomo he died from a deadly inflammation that mostly erupts in children. It was equally found out that this disease is very much linked to the coronavirus.
Apparently, this mysterious new syndrome cropped up in recent weeks and this resulting death is the first known death in New York. Otherwise, 73 kids have been detected to suffer from this illness already, which doctors label as “pediatric multisystem inflammatory syndrome”. Still, the Health Department is scrutinising whether there have been other deaths caused by the disease.
Mr Cuomo points out :
“ This would be really painful news and would open up an entirely different chapter … Because I can’t tell you how many people I spoke to who took peace and solace in the fact that children were not getting infected.”
Since the recent wave of the global pandemic, out of more than 21,000 mortalities three kids younger than 10 have already lost their lives.
The country’s health commissioner, Dr Sherlita Amler, underlines that the officials are evaluating the underlying conditions that might have acted as a precursor to the kid’s death.
Decidedly, the number of people of Piers 45 and 46 in Greenwich Village has been limited by the police. In short, the size of crowds will be monitored closely. The mayor put it very clearly that “If you’re going in, you’re going in for a limited period of time”.
The New York Time highlights these specifics offered by the governor:
<< 1. Restaurants will be open for outdoor dining only; menus will need to be disposable or posted on boards; and silverware will need to be packaged or rolled. Bars will remain closed.
2. Offices should encourage employees to continue working from home; in-person meetings will be limited to five people.
3. Retail establishments must close their fitting rooms, and, much like grocery stores, create physical barriers at checkout as well as markers that indicate six feet of distance.
4. Hair salons will be open by appointment only and will close their waiting areas. The conversation should be limited, officials said, adding that the use of blow dryers will not be allowed. >>
- Helsinki airport: Using dogs to “smell” the coronavirusFinland recently announced that Helsinki Airport has started all these campaigns. It was announced at Helsinki Airport that the world will start using dogs as part of its COVID-19 case detection program. As […]
- Can a bionic eye restore vision to clinically blind people?With the help of a miniature electronic implants that work via wireless technology, a bionic eye promises to be revolutionary, capable of restoring the vision to clinically blind people. Researchers at Monash University […]
- Why did the Titanic sink?The sinking of the Titanic is one of the worst disasters marked in history. In mid-1912, on the dreadful night of April 14-15, off the waters of the North Atlantic, the British steamship […]
- Scientists have developed an “underwater Wi-Fi”Hydromea, a Swiss-based company with core expertise in underwater robotics, has developed a miniature optical modem that can operate in the ocean at a depth of six thousand meters. It is sensitive enough […]
- Why do insects die with their legs up?Have you ever wondered why insects die in the same position? Beetles, cockroaches, flies, crickets, and even spiders always seem to die on their backs. This phenomenon has been the subject of much […]