Many children have lost their life most probably from a “mysterious inflammatory syndrome” Health officials say.
In New York City, a five-year-old boy breathed his last on Thursday. According to Gov.Andrew M. Cuomo he died from a deadly inflammation that mostly erupts in children. It was equally found out that this disease is very much linked to the coronavirus.
Apparently, this mysterious new syndrome cropped up in recent weeks and this resulting death is the first known death in New York. Otherwise, 73 kids have been detected to suffer from this illness already, which doctors label as “pediatric multisystem inflammatory syndrome”. Still, the Health Department is scrutinising whether there have been other deaths caused by the disease.
Mr Cuomo points out :
“ This would be really painful news and would open up an entirely different chapter … Because I can’t tell you how many people I spoke to who took peace and solace in the fact that children were not getting infected.”
Since the recent wave of the global pandemic, out of more than 21,000 mortalities three kids younger than 10 have already lost their lives.
The country’s health commissioner, Dr Sherlita Amler, underlines that the officials are evaluating the underlying conditions that might have acted as a precursor to the kid’s death.
Decidedly, the number of people of Piers 45 and 46 in Greenwich Village has been limited by the police. In short, the size of crowds will be monitored closely. The mayor put it very clearly that “If you’re going in, you’re going in for a limited period of time”.
The New York Time highlights these specifics offered by the governor:
<< 1. Restaurants will be open for outdoor dining only; menus will need to be disposable or posted on boards; and silverware will need to be packaged or rolled. Bars will remain closed.
2. Offices should encourage employees to continue working from home; in-person meetings will be limited to five people.
3. Retail establishments must close their fitting rooms, and, much like grocery stores, create physical barriers at checkout as well as markers that indicate six feet of distance.
4. Hair salons will be open by appointment only and will close their waiting areas. The conversation should be limited, officials said, adding that the use of blow dryers will not be allowed. >>
- Simba, the first lion cub conceived by artificial insemination in SingaporeThe authorities of the Singapore zoological organization Wildlife Reserves named a lion cub “Simba”, which means lion in the Swahili language. However, there is something very peculiar about the feline; it was conceived […]
- Praying Mantis: They discover the trick of male mantis to avoid decapitation after sexWe knew that the Praying Mantis could be terrifying; and that the male’s own head is part of the female’s diet (although it was capable of mating without the trunk). Now we know […]
- They find the reason why it is easier to understand a language than to speak itThe research focuses on the study of laterization changes The research focuses on the study of the laterization changes of brain functions during the performance of different linguistic tasks such as reading, speaking […]
- The last white giraffe in the world will be monitored by GPS to protect it from huntersThe male giraffe lives alone after poachers killed the only surviving female giraffe and her calf The only known white giraffe in the world will be controlled by a GPS tracking device to […]
- Researchers discovered why blood clots form in Covid-19 patientsThe finding determined that they are autoimmune antibodies that circulate in the blood, which attack cells and trigger clots in arteries, veins and microscopic vessels A recent study by scientists from the universities […]