Deer found dead with 7kg of garbage in stomach

0
105

A 10 years old wild deer died at a national park in northern Thailand with 7kg (15 lbs) of garbage inside its stomach.

According to officials, men’s underwear, plastic bags, instant coffee sachets as well as parts of plastic rope were among the things discovered inside the stomach of the male deer.

A Khun Sathan National Park official explained that the animal had been eating plastic for a “long time”, as relates BBC news.

“We believed it had been eating those plastics for a long time before it died,” Kriangsak Thanompun, a director at the National Park, Wildlife and Plant Conservation Department told BBC News Thai.

“Officials [believe] the plastics had blocked up its alimentary canal [but a] further investigation [will be] launched.”

Similarly, a few months ago, a baby dugong died in Thailand. An autopsy revealed that plastic had caused obstructions in her stomach.

As a reminder, Thailand is a major user of plastic bags.

According to the environmental group Greenpeace, approximately 75 billion pieces of plastic bags are thrown away each year in Thailand.

Thai environment minister stated in September that major retailers in Thailand would stop providing single-use plastic bags as from January 2020.

Read more POLLUTION IN NEW DELHI: 20 MILLION INHABITANTS STILL TRAPPED IN A NAUSEATING AND DISGUSTING HAZE

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here