Going to the gym is not always an option. Some are too busy to make it there and others can’t afford one. However, there are so many ways get a perfect shape without the need to visit the gym.
There is a list of exercises to do at home without any equipment, all that is required to get started is some motivation and a little space.
The first step in exercising is to warm up for around 15 minutes. This is helpful in many ways; it tends the muscles. There are several ways of warming up including Zumba and running on the spot.
Exercises to do at home
Not all people like squats, but we can’t deny the fact that they are extremely effective. it is very helpful when it comes to toning your lower body. They work the chest, abdomen, thighs, calves, glutes and hamstrings.
- Stand, keeping your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Move your hips back, lowering your body as far as possible.
- Then, return to the starting position.
- Do 3 sets of 15 reps.
Make sure your back is completely straight. your knees must neither extend beyond your toes nor move inward during the run. Inhale when you are crouching and exhale as you go up.
Another exercise to do at home is the wall bridge. Its aim is mainly to exercise the posterior chain which includes the gluteal, posterior thigh, and lumbar. This exercise is excellent because we can perform it in a controlled way and work with different amplitudes.
- lay your back on the ground and position your foot on the wall
- rest the arms next to your body
- push the feet against the wall
- simultaneously lift your pelvis
- head, shoulders and arms remain on the ground
- hold the final position for 5-10 seconds
- lower the pelvis and repeat execution
Mountain climbing is a good exercise to do at home. It gives a good shape to the body. It hardens the abdomen, strengthen it and tone different parts of the body including the legs, arms, and the butt.
- Start by taking the flexion position.
- Keep your feet aligned with your elbows.
- contract your abdomen.
- bend your knees alternately, as if you were climbing.
- Throughout the whole process the body should remain straight.
The abdominal bike is best for those who wants work on their torso and thighs. To do this,
- lie down
- keeping the legs together.
- slightly bent
- keep the hands are behind the head.
- Bend one knee at a 90-degree angle and stretch the other one.
- At the same time, move your elbow to the same side of your extended leg toward your knee.
Kick back is an easy exercise to do at home for beginners. Its movement works on several parts of the body (glutes, abs, quadriceps, calves and hip flexors).and does not requires much efforts.
- Stand with legs far from each other
- Take a step forward using your right leg to perform a stride.
- While standing, kick your right leg back and stop, make sure the back is straight
- Make sure your buttocks are working too while you kick and stop
- Return to the starting position for 30 seconds
- Do two sets
- repeat with the other leg.
These were the top five exercises to do at home. Remember to start a proper diet along with the workout for better results. Don’t forget to drink plenty of water and avoid oily food.