DID YOU KNOW? IN SEPTEMBER 2014 A WHITE TIGER ATTACKED AND KILLED A BOY AT DELHI ZOO, INDIA AFTER HE ACCIDENTALLY FELL INTO ITS ENCLOSURE WHILE TRYING TO TAKE PICTURES OF THE TIGER. ACCORDING TO EYEWITNESSES, THE YOUNG BOY CLIMBED ON THE SECURITY BARRICADES WHICH WAS TOO LOW TO GET BETTER PICTURES OF THE WILD ANIMAL AND FELL INTO THE TIGER’S AREA. VIDEO OF THIS TIGER ATTACK RECORDED BY WITNESSES HAS BEEN DOING THE ROUNDS ON SOCIAL MEDIA FOR A LONG TIME.
Luckily for us, although tigers attacking villagers have occasionally been reported, according to studies, they do not like human flesh much. The big cats are more likely to attack a human being only when they are in need to feed themselves for survival, otherwise, despite we are easy prey, we do not hit their favorite meat list. Here is what you should do in case you encounter one.
- Do not make any brusque movement.
- Try to look as big and intimidating as possible.
- Try to remain calm and back away as slowly as possible until the tiger is clearly out of sight, then turn and move quickly away in the opposite direction of the tiger.
While monkeys are curious and funny, they can also be very unpredictable animals. Though in most situations they appear friendly, it is not always the case. Numerous cases of money attacks have been reported over the past years, especially in Asian continent.
- A few tips on how to stay safe from monkeys:
- Avoid smiling and showing your teeth to playful monkeys, showing teeth is a sign of aggression for them, your smile may be misinterpreted to a sign of aggression and the situation can change quickly to an unpleasant one.
- However, in case you are directly being threatened by one, try to look large and tall and show no fear.
- Keep an aggressive posture and loud noise.
- Back off slowly while still looking at them with an intimidating look.
- Lastly, in case you get bitten or scratched by one, immediately seek medical professional help to avoid infections.
Crocodiles and Alligators
Unlike popular belief, crocodiles and alligators are as agile on land as they are in the water. Thus, human beings should be wary of them in both situations. Here is what to do in case you are being chased by one.
- Run zig zag
- If the reptile caught your leg or hand do not try to open its jaws. Instead, stick something into its eye, stick, rock, knife or even a finger or thumb will do. These animals have very sensitive eyes.
- If you are unable to reach its eye, go for the throat or nostrils. Though they are not as sensitive as their eyes; a hard strike may force the animal to release you out of pain.
Though most snakes are harmless, some can be venomous and try to hurt you like your ex. Unlike the other animals listed, snakes are the least likely to chase you. Chances of snakes chasing you are as slim to none. However, you happen to encounter a snake, try not to get engaged with it, especially if you think it is harmful. Here are the dos and don’ts…
- Avoid making sudden movements and slowly getaway in the opposite direction.
- In any case, do not try to handle the snake.
- Wear heavy boots and pants if you are going to explore the wilds.
If you are bitten by a snake;
Read more Bermuda triangle, myth or reality?
- Seek medical attention as soon as possible
- Try to remember the color and shape of the snake, which can help with the treatment of the snake bite.
- Lay or sit down with the bite below the level of the heart.
- Wash the bite with soap and water.
- Cover the bite with a clean, dry dressing.
- Do not wait for symptoms to appear if bitten; seek immediate medical attention.
- Do not suck out the venom.
- Do not apply ice or immerse the wound in water.
Stay tuned for wild animals encounter and attack part 2…