A Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) aircraft disappeared from radar and crashed in Model Colony near Jinnah International Airport, in Karachi on Friday.
The Airbus A320 was carrying more than 90 passengers and eight crew members on board.
Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) sources confirmed that the jet was on its final approach from Lahore after the pilot reportedly alerted the authorities of a technical problem.
Footage from ARY news shows heavy smokes rising from the crash site and the arrival of ambulances and rescue team at the scene.
An emergency has been declared in all major hospitals of the port city due to the incident, however, the number of casualties has not yet been confirmed.
- Covid-19: Dogs tamed to identify the previously unidentified odor signature of the lethal global pandemic
- Analysis: Rumors spreading like wildfire about Madagascar
- New horrible scene: The death of 600,000 antelopes within four days only
- The Terracotta Army –China’s masterpiece
- Locusts Attacks: To constrain locusts is not easy at all, the larger the swarms, the more complicated the task becomes