Russia registered 10,633 new coronavirus cases in a single day, making it its highest daily rise since the beginning of the pandemic. The total number of cases reported so far jumps to 124,054, mostly in the capital Moscow.
The country’s coronavirus response headquarters explained in a statement that approximately 50% of the cases were asymptomatic.
A total of 1,280 deaths had now been recorded nationwide.
- Prince William funny reason why he does not watch ‘Tiger King”
- Without people roaming around, wildlife is getting bolder in California’s Yosemite
Hospitals in Moscow are sounding the alarm bell that hospitals are becoming overwhelmed after recording the new record of the highest number of cases within one day, a 20 percent increase over Friday’s count, which itself was a new daily record.
Around two dozen hospitals had to shut down for quarantines, and many doctor’s health state are in a deplorable state.
According to medical workers, they had been ordered to the frontlines without adequate protection, and that bureaucratic foot-dragging was costing lives.
As a reminder, Moscow is the worst-affected part of Russia, with about 62,600 cases enumerated, representing nearly half of the nationwide total.
Last week, Russia extended its isolation period through May 11. “The daily increase in cases has relatively stabilized but this mustn’t calm us down, the situation is still very serious,” Putin said. “The peak is not behind us, we are about to face a new and grueling phase of the pandemic… the deadly threat of the virus remains.”
- Cat owners: Science discovers five types of cat ownersCat owners, for more than 10,000 years, cats have learned to live with humans, but today the question arises if it was the other way around and we are the ones who came into their lives […]
- Simba, the first lion cub conceived by artificial insemination in SingaporeThe authorities of the Singapore zoological organization Wildlife Reserves named a lion cub “Simba”, which means lion in the Swahili language. However, there is something very peculiar about the feline; it was conceived with assisted insemination. […]
- Praying Mantis: They discover the trick of male mantis to avoid decapitation after sexWe knew that the Praying Mantis could be terrifying; and that the male’s own head is part of the female’s diet (although it was capable of mating without the trunk). Now we know how the male […]
- They find the reason why it is easier to understand a language than to speak itThe research focuses on the study of laterization changes The research focuses on the study of the laterization changes of brain functions during the performance of different linguistic tasks such as reading, speaking or listening in […]